Saturday, August 9, 2008

Work after work


Messin around with this character some more, I found his silhouette to be the most interesting part of his design so I'm working dark to light on him. Also trying to keep all the details tight and true to the drawing. Oh and in case you cant tell by the giant letters this piece is still in progress.


This was an older piece I wanted to revisit, I liked the design of it so I just polished it up a bit and unified the rythm with the background.


Sketches

6 comments:

BrandoAbba said...

Dude this looks really good, I wanna see the final

Chris Silva said...

One of the best paintings that you've done. The color palette is much more subtle and less...aggressive than your usual illustrations. Very cool and I really like the layout.

Edward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edward said...

It's great to see an artist's work continue to evolve and your work is definitely getting stronger with each piece. The style you have here looks very similar to that of the characters Riot Games produces. Good use of shillouette and nice volumetric lighting going on in the back. Keep bringin the awesome sir.

Lauren Gallegos said...

hey, just a question...what kind of scanner do you have? Assuming of course you use one... I'm looking at getting one and I want to make sure it's good. Thanks! Let's see some more work!

jpforjohnpark said...

great work!